Skip to main content

I'm a Visual

I took this test to find out my learning style. The result was predictable. I always knew I was a visual.

Visual Characteristics


need an overall view and purpose and are cautious until mentally clear about an issue or project
- True. Big picture first before details.

are appearance-oriented in both dress and presentation
- uhh I'm not a fashion plate but I do try to be neat. I generally don't want to make a spectacle of myself.

are neat and orderly
- generally

speak quickly
- lol yes. This is probably why I repeat myself to people all the time. A lot of them don't catch what I'm saying at first, something which I need to correct if I don't want to frustrate myself each time I talk to someone. I HATE (read that as "loathe") repeating myself and it easily shows in my tone of voice.

are good long-range planners and organisers
- Although I'm not one to follow up all my plans, I do make vague plans, one for every possible option. Organizing is kind of a secret, occasional hobby.

are observant of environmental detail
- that is not true. I am often very blind to details. It's why I never know my way back to a new place I just visited like an hour ago.

are good spellers and can actually see the words in their minds
- YES to both. Sometimes, when I'm not sure about how a certain word is spelled, I have to write it down to see if it's "right" the way it is. Visualizing the word helps me how to pronounce it.

remember what was seen, rather than heard
- lectures and speeches bore me. Unless there's something else going on (like a powerpoint presentation, etc.), I try to avoid them as much as possible.

memorize by visual association
- I can remember words from textbooks by the color of the highlighter ink used. I make flowcharts and simplified outlines and make pictures out of the words. I make my own mnemonics, organized into complete sentences so I can visualize it.

usually are not distracted by noise
- this probably explains why I have no problem listening to music while studying or reading or why I can concentrate on what I'm doing even when it's noisy. Half of the time -- make that, most of the time, I don't hear any of it.

often know what to say but can't think of the right words
- I am hopelessly inarticulate sometimes

have trouble remembering verbal instructions unless they are written down and often ask people to repeat themselves
- only to gain some time to formulate an answer but it's true about verbal instructions.

are strong, fast readers
- I am.

doodle during phone conversations and meetings
- yes and why I can't live without a pen or a pencil

forget to relay verbal messages to others
- true but not always. it depends on how important I perceive the message to be.

often answer questions with a simple yes or no
- yes because most questions are formed in such a way that a simple yes or no would do. I'm direct. I don't like to filibuster. And if you need clarification or additional info, you have to ask for it because I'm not likely to volunteer any unless I feel that you need to get the entire picture.

would rather do a demonstration than make a speech
- public speaking still scares the crap out of me.

like art more than music
- uhhh, maybe. Music takes much more effort to understand while art is undemanding.

sometimes tune out when they mean to pay attention
- hahahahah, so true during class lectures. Also, I tune out of a conversation without warning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flexing my drawing muscles

Why, I do think I still have them. MEDIUM: water color pencils. SIZE: 768 x 1024 A little background? This is a very old concept art I had for a comic book story I was planning to make with Frank. It's based on the Binyan myth that seeks to explain why the tides rise during full moon. It's my favorite ancient Filipino myth, so... I got the inspiration for the fish dude's bright colors from a parrot fish that I ate for dinner last night. 0.O

Moview Review: The Lady Shogun and Her Men

I've heard about this story for sometime now. The Japanese title is Ooku , which refers to the chamber in the shogun's castle where all the women of the shogun's harem are kept. However, Yoshinaga Fumi's manga, on which this movie is adapted, adds a twist: the shogun is a woman and beautiful men fill her harem. THE STORY In the year 1716 Japan, most of the men have died from a deadly disease that only affects men, resulting in their population dwindling to as much as 1/4 of the total population of women. Consequently, women fill in the traditional roles of men, performing hard labor, managing businesses and running government while men are pampered, protected and allowed only to indulge in light entertainment. In this nonexistent Japan lives Mizuno Yunoshin (Kazunari Ninomiya), a teenager from an impoverished samurai class family. He likes fencing and his childhood friend, O-Nobu (Horikita Maki), but because of his family's financial status (O-Nobu is a daugh

Movie Review: Solanin

This is a manga turned into a live-action film. I don't really trust adaptations like this. There is always something lost along the way. It could be the expressions of the characters. Manga characters are frequently entertaining because of their exaggerated expressions, something which not many Japanese actor/actress can pull out. But despite all these initial misgivings, I decided to give Solanin  a go because I loved the manga version that much and I'm kind of a fan of Miyazaki Aoi. THE STORY Meiko, played by Miyazaki Aoi ( Nana, Tada Kimi wo Aoshiteru, Eureka ) is a young office lady who, unable to bear the mundane reality of a desk job, quits and settles into a year of lazy unemployment. Her spur-of-the-moment decision creates a domino effect as her live-in boyfriend, Taneda, begins to feel that it is now up to him to bear the burden of responsibility. He sees that his part-time job as a graphic designer doesn't pay enough to support both of them and his band, c